Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Boulder Falls


Today we went up to Boulder to check out the falls. It was a little cloudy but not too bad out. Mike-e and I have very fond memories of the falls. When we were just friends (about 10 years ago) we went up there together. I had never been there before and was wearing sandals and kind of nice clothes. I don't know why we decided to do this but we ended up climbing the mountain and went around to above the falls. It was a lot of fun and we had a great time. On the way back down we had to cross the stream and I took off my shoes and decided to throw them to the other side. One of the shoes went straight up and landed right in the stream to be carried over the falls. I had to hike back the rest of the way barefooted. It's one of those stories that Mike-e loves to tell because it's silly. It was great taking Logan up there and telling him the story, which I'm sure he'll hear lots more times.

1 comment:

Sarah C said...

That is a funny story. I am sure your hike was a lot easier this time since you had shoes on the way back. :)